Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shana Johnson - Oct. 22


Hi Everyone!!
The past few weeks have been extremely stressful and hectic. With the combination of gymnastics and midterms and other schoolwork it seems as though you always have some type of work to do. So when the weekend comes there is always a load of stress taken off your back. There is never a dull moment when living in Berkeley. Whether there is a street fair to attend on Telegraph, a cultural event put on by a club, or just hanging out with friends there will always be something to do. Although, having something to do is fun and exciting it’s always nice to change up your atmosphere from time to time.
So this past weekend I went home to spend some quality time with my family. Even though I don’t live that far from Berkeley it felt like a whole different world. It had been a long time since I’ve been able to go home. I had a great time simply relaxing and essentially doing nothing but talking and laughing with my family and doing other family activities. I got to watch the football team beat UCLA. Go Bears!! And also catch up on some of my favorite shows that I hadn’t had time to watch. It feels so good going back to a familiar place when you haven’t been there in awhile and it being the same as if you had never left. It was great while it lasted, but now its time to get back into my usual busy schedule. This weekend has helped me learn that goin! g home every once in awhile is good for your mind, body and spirit. I feel rejuvenated and ready for what the upcoming week has in store for me. Goodbye until next time!
Oh and of course …Go BEARS!!!
~ Shana J.

No comments:

Post a Comment